Tuesday 28 June 2011

Crafts Council UK - Hothouse Programme 2011







It appears that the craft gods are smiling on me this week. I have been hovering around my inbox for days, and happily for me, when that email came from Crafts Council UK yesterday, it was one containing good news. Therefore I can announce, (and with considerable excitement I might add), from September 2011 until March 2012, I will be taking part in the Hothouse 2011 programme.

In its second year, Hothouse is an initiative run by Crafts Council UK, (with selected partners), which aims to support emerging makers. Last years collective were a very impressive bunch, so I feel extremely honoured to have been chosen. They are all presently working on a joint exhibition of their work, which will take place at Pitzhanger Manor House, Ealing - Portraits in the making (21st Sep - 12th Nov 2011), curated by Greg Parsons. There are seventeen makers in total from different disciplines, all exploring the process of making, in response to Pitzhanger Manor. They are recording their respective journeys on a blog, and you can also follow Hothouse 2010 on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment